Sunday, December 16, 2012

Putting it in Perspective

As I sit here, sipping my Arnold Palmer at the laundry mat wishing I didn't have to do laundry...AGAIN, I can't help but also be grateful.

There are people all over the world that have to spend their Sunday evening doing far worse things. From the parents in Connecticut mourning to the parents in third world countries watching their children go hungry, and many others in between. They all have worse days ahead than I could ever understand.

It makes me wish I could do more than sit on the side lines and read about their strifes. Yes, giving canned goods helps, but I want to do more.

I have a lifelong plan of helping others and doing good in the world that I will put into action every chance I get.

I know I am only one person and I may only be able to do so much, but I'm going to do it anyways!

Having said all that, I'm grateful that I have to wash clothes tonight. Also, I'm grateful I have the means to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment